Wednesday, September 1, 2010

We Fall Down, We Get Up

Proverbs 24:16 - For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again : but the wicked shall fall into mischief.

     Yesterday, Holly and I went to her doctor to see the baby that is due late Nov., early Dec. The doctor's office is about an hour drive and we have made it a family tradition that we always go out to eat when we go to her doctor's appointments. In keeping with tradition we went to Burger King. Those who may not know, I REALLY like Burger King's Whoppers. I go to order a whopper meal and the strangest thing happens. Instead of saying a whopper meal, I said a DOUBLE WHOPPER meal! - that wasn't going where you thought was it. I not only ordered the double whopper meal, I LARGE sized it. I am pretty sure this would be considered "falling off the band wagon". There is some good news though, I did drink a lite lemonade!

    Before I went to bed last night I exercised a little extra so I could "work off" my extra large meal. Today I stepped on the scale and it wasn't real pretty. I had gained just over a pound, but then I remembered the above verse and said, "O.k. yesterday I fell. Today I will get back up." So this is what I am doing, getting up. So, if you happen to find yourself  falling, don't get depressed, instead strap up those bootstraps and remember your in the war on weight and sometimes the "enemy" will win a battle, but you and I can and WILL WIN this WAR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment