Thursday, September 2, 2010

Soldier On

2 Timothy 2:3 - Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

     I have never been in this earthly military, but one thing I know beyond a shadow of a doubt is that a soldier's life is anything but easy. Soldiers are faced with "hardness" every day. While many of us are enjoying the freedoms given us we forget that it was purchased with blood. Blood of soldiers. We are able to enjoy life because someone endured "hardness". I am grateful for our soldiers. Thank You.

     While I have never been in this earthly military I am enrolled as a soldier of Christ, fighting in the spiritual war for souls. This spiritual war that every Christian is engaged  in has had its share of casualties. Millions die without Christ because so many Christians are selfish with the Good News of Christ. Christians, primarily in America, are NOT enduring hardness for the cause of Christ. Too many times we are found AWAL in the war against sin. It is time for Christians to gear up with the armor found in Ephesians 6 and go to battle.

     There is another war that many people find themselves in, and that is the war on weight. Satan has MANY Christians defeated simply because they are overweight, I know he has had me cornered. I am here to say that this war, as any other, will require us to endure hardness. We must face head on the temptation for the "extra piece" of_____(You fill the blank in). We must face the "hunger" pangs. We must endure the fact that there are times when those around us are eating all the pizza, fries, ice cream, hamburgers, etc. they want and we, well we must eat our wonderful salad, rabbit food, apple, etc. I will interject here that those who are as skinny as a bean pole and eat like a horse make me so upset. They can eat five pieces of pizza, two large fries, and drink a 32 oz. pop and still lose two pounds, where as I can look at pizza and gain four pounds, smell a french fry and gain two pounds, and take one sip of pop and my shirt button pops off! The fact is that we must endure hardness as a god soldier. So let's get to it, let's soldier on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment