Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Back to the Basics

Matthew 11:28 - "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

     Coaches that are in the middle of a rebuilding year will often tell the team, "We need to get back to the basics." This is where I find myself, getting back to the basics. I am getting back to eating more fruit, eating less fried food, and exercising. I have found comfort in the above verse because I am discovering more and more that, for me, losing weight is a heavy burden. I have seen my weaknesses more clearly and found that I CANNOT do this on my own. It can only be done through the strength of Christ.

     I write this blog for several reasons. One of these reasons is for ministry's sake. I want people to see that gluttony is a sin which we cannot afford to ignore any longer. We desire revival in America, but why do we think God will bless when we don't address ALL sins. So, I write this blog for ministry's sake and this is why this blog is a ministry of Miracle Morning Ministries.

     Another reason I write this blog is for my own accountability. I NEED this very much. It does me great good to recieve encouraging messages and I try to respond in like manner. We ALL need accountability. This is a basic to the Christian life which we forget...accountability. So I say thank you all for your words and in turn I want to partner up with you in whatever goals you have and help encourage you.

     Finnally, we must realize the fact that without God we can do NOTHING. We cannot lose weight without God, we cannot exercise without God's strength. We must heed the advice Christ gives us when He says to go to Him and lay our burdens on Him. We cannot do ANYTHING, but Christ can do EVERYTHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment