Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fully Surrendered

Luke 14:33 - So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath , he cannot be my disciple.

All to Jesus, I surrender; All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him, In His presence daily live.

Refrain
I surrender all, I surrender all, All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.

All to Jesus I surrender; Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken; Take me, Jesus, take me now.

All to Jesus, I surrender; Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power; Let Thy blessing fall on me.

Refrain
I surrender all, I surrender all, All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.



     The word ALL means ALL. Now, here is the question, have we REALLY surrendered ALL to God. We sing this hymn as an invitation, but maybe we should make it a part of our devotions. Read it, or sing it every morning. God does not ask for 99%, read the verse again and you will see He requires; deserves, 100%. ALL - Hobbies, Music, movies, words spoken, thoughts, attitudes, FOOD, dress, hairstyle, EVERYTHING. Too many times we surrender 90%-95%, God says "NOT enough". I must surrender ALL food to God BEFORE I sit down at the table. As I do I will find victory. What must you surrender to God?

     There is a story about a luncheon in which a respected millionaire got up to testify that "I owe it all to the Lord." He then shared his secret. "When I was a young fellow, a call was made for me to surrender all. Young as I was, and poor as I was, everything I had I surrendered to Christ. I didn't have much money, but I put it on the table -- all my possessions -- and said, 'Christ, I give everything back to you.' It was after that that God began to bless me and now I'm a wealthy man. At that point, a voice from the back of the room shouted, "I challenge you to do it again." Ever wonder why most of those who respond to the call of a preacher to "surrender" all are young? They don't have that much to surrender -- maybe three T-shirts, two pairs of jeans, and their dad's car keys. But when you get to middle age and you own a house and two cars and a condo on the beach, it's a different story. Surrender is a fundamental aspect of consecration, but today we want little of it

ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER...

No comments:

Post a Comment