Monday, September 6, 2010

The BIG Weigh-In Week 3

1 John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

    O.k. last week I weighed 373.2.

So how did my weigh- in go this morning? Please refer back to the verse I chose... Yea, I have some confessions to make so here we go...


My goals that I set last week 8/30/10-9/6/10 are as follows:

• drink one gallon of water a day - I have reached this goal now for the past three weeks and while this will remain a goal for me I will not be putting it on again, it will just be understood.

• I will eat at least three "pieces" of fruit a day - This goal was pretty hard some days. I did not quite reach this goal every day. I did reach it two days, this will need to be a point that I work harder on/

• exercise at least four times this week - I exercised Monday through Thursday. This goal was reached!!

• lose 5 lbs. actually I will be attempting to lose 10 lbs. so next Monday I should weigh 363 lbs. - this will get me back on my original path to my original goal. - I did NOT reach this goal:( I gained 2 lbs. I now weigh 375.2.

• I will not eat past 6:00 p.m. - This is another goal that was difficult at times. While I did not quite reach the goal every night I did almost every night.

• I will spend extra time with God in prayer and Devo's - about 10 min. extra a day - This goal is more than physical, this is spiritual warfare and I did not reach this goal every day. I do believe though that this goal is vital to my weight loss.

• I will not eat any of my kids left overs. - Other than the spiritual warfare This was by far the MOST difficult to keep. I have developed a habit of just eating what my kids don't want. I even have them programmed to say "I don't want this, daddy do you?" and they bring me the food. This is VERY bad. I failed MISERABLY at this one. I need significant work on this point.


What are my goals for this upcoming week 9/6/10-9/13/10?

• This goal may seem extreme but I am setting the goal of two fruit and vegetable days. What does this mean? Two days Tuesday and Thursday I will eat nothing but fruits, vegetables, and a salad.

• I will not eat any of my kids left overs.


• I will spend extra time with God in prayer and Devo's - about 5 min. extra a day

• I will not eat past 6:00 p.m.

• exercise at least five times this week

• I will eat at least three "pieces" of fruit a day

• lose 5 lbs. actually I will be attempting to lose 11 lbs. so next Monday I should weigh 364 lbs.

     I am always open to ideas for goals that I should set, I may be overlooking something. I thank all of you for your comments, suggestions, prayers, and accountability. Please share this blog with others and if there is anything I can do to make it better please let me know. I want this blog to be the best blog it can be.

     How did you do? Did you reach your goals this past week? If not, I know we can do this together this week. I will pray for you and you pray for me, we will be VICTORIOUS in this War on Weight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment