Monday, September 27, 2010

The BIG Weigh-In Vacation

Proverbs 23:2 - And put a knife to thy throat, if thou be a man given to appetite.

     This verse has some strong words for those who are gluttons. While the verse does not literally mean to put a knife to your throat, it suggests the connotation of killing yourself. When a person overeats excessively that person is killing himself. WOW! I had never really thought of that before until just recently. God has "harsh" words for those who are gluttons. We cannot sugarcoat a sin that God so strongly speaks against. We preachers are guilty of preaching on certain sins, and we should preach against sin, but as I recall I have never heard a preacher in my LIFE preach against gluttony. Unfortunately this is a pet sin of many people, preachers and MYSELF included. I struggle with this sin.

     I have said all that to set up my weigh in... yeah.... it wasn't pretty. I stepped on the scale this morning only to find that I had gained ALL my weight back. I am back at square one! 381.2 lbs. is what I weighed. HORRIBLE!! O.K. after about five minutes of depression, I regained composure and am once again even MORE determined than before. I did not reach my goal for vacation. My next goal will be set for the week after Thanksgiving. I want to be 323. This gives me 9 weeks to lose 58 pounds, so I will need extra focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment