Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Day after

Psalm 118:24 - This is the day which the LORD hath made ; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

    One of my biggest weaknesses is ANY holiday. I become a food fiend on holiday's. So, with yesterday being Labor Day, food did not have a chance, neither did my weight. I could do a couple things right now: 1. become depressed, upset, and beat myself up, or 2. Realize that today is a new day to begin again. Normally I go with option 1, however today is a NEW day and I refuse to let Satan get the best of me. Yes, I fell in sin yesterday, but I have claimed both 1 John 1:9 and Psalm 118:24.

     I will rejoice because today is here for me to grow from mistakes made yesterday. I have evaluated where I failed and now changes will be made. Losing weight means that I must adapt to whatever circumstance I am placed in whether it is visiting with friends, going out to eat, or a holiday. I must adapt and overcome. My "pet" sin of gluttony had his way yesterday, but I will refuse to stay down.

     I have decided to adjust some of my goals. I received some advice from a reader yesterday that I think I will try. I will not go to bed hungry, instead I will try to eat an apple, small salad (light or fat free dressing), or a yogurt about 30 min. before I go to bed. According to the nutritionist that she has talked with this is a good way to lose weight. I am also looking for ways to enhance this blog. I am looking for websites, helps, and even trying to get a guest blogger who is an expert in this field. I thank you for your prayers and accountability. I ask that you also pray for Miracle Morning Ministries (MMM), the ministry God has laid on mine and Holly's heart. God is blessing this ministry and the different aspects of it to the point that we are looking for a volunteer to help with some aspects of the ministry so we can continue to be used of God according to His will. This blog is a part of MMM.

No comments:

Post a Comment