Thursday, September 16, 2010

Vacation Mode

Mark 6:31 - And he said unto them, Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest a while: for there were many coming and going, and they had no leisure so much as to eat.

     Holly and I will be headed out for vacation this Sunday. I would ask that you please pray for us as we will be sharing our ministry at a church in East Tennessee, Sunday night. When vacation comes around usually I discipline flies out the window. I sleep in to all hours, stay up all hours of the night, eat like a pig, and simply become very lazy for that week. Something tells me however I am not the only one that goes through this phenomenon. I see in our verse today that the apostles were ready for a vacation - yes vacations ARE biblical.

    If you read on you will find that the apostles experienced the same thing that everyone of us experience. They wanted to rest like Jesus said they could, but instead they had to minister. This was not at all what they had anticipated. As you read the following verses see if you can pick up the frustration the apostles have with their "vacation". How would we respond had we been in that situation? Probably the same way they did. When vacation or even the weekend comes around we tend to forget that we are NEVER on vacation from serving God. I know many people who don't go to church while on vacation because of being ON vacation. Simply put, that's a "no,no".

     O.k. I'll get off my high horse now and bring all this down to the level. I am asking that all my prayer partners, whom I greatly appreciate, please pray for me this upcoming week that I will not take a "vacation" from trying to lose weight. It took me a month to lose 7 pounds, but I'm pretty sure I can gain the seven pounds back next week if I'm not on my guard. I will be keeping everyone updated next week as to how I'm doing and what's happening. I am very excited about vacation next week. It's only three days away! It will be nice to get some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment