Friday, September 3, 2010

Let Jesus "Worry" about it

1 Peter 5:7 - Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

     I have been learning so much about losing weight, trusting God, and discipline since I began this blog. One thing I am learning is to cast ALL my care on Jesus. This casting includes being overweight! When I look at myself in the mirror and become overwhelmed with frustration, anger, depression, or just disappointment, I can rest assured that I can take those "cares"; anxieties and "cast"; Throw them on Jesus. It is a very liberating feeling to know that Jesus not only can handle my problems, but He asks for them!

     The word "ALL" is a word that I like to see in this verse. Why? Because it does not limit the size of my problems. It does not say only cast the BIG problems on him because he's really, too busy for the little ones. Nor does it say, only bring the SMALL problems because he is not quite able to handle the big ones. No; it says to cast ALL our cares. It does not matter how big or small they may be he wants them!

     We must learn to cast our sin of gluttony on Jesus, leave it there and let him "worry" about it. Of course Jesus does not worry about anything, but the point is that once we cast our cares on him it is no longer ours to fret over. It is a comfort to know that God is willing and able to help with the sin of gluttony. He cares that much for his children. So let's run to the God of the universe and cast all our cares on Him instead of the god of food. Food can not help only God can and will.

No comments:

Post a Comment